Routine inspections are performed routinely in every industry for safety and legal reasons. These inspections also need to be documented. Machinery and inspections are becoming increasingly complex. Some inspections requires that specially trained technicians attend. Also, new personnel must be trained to perform inspections.
BARTEC products are used to document, communicate and film during scheduled inspection work. Also. Orbit X can assist in increasing the visual scope of the work being done, as it leaves the engineer “hands-free” to perform the needed work. Gravity X can be used if only video and image capture is required. All inspections can be recorded and viewed for compliance, documentation and training purposes online.
High definition SIP video conferencing for collaboration. The camera can be used for for documentation, image, storage and video sharing. The user have direct access to online documentation for data sheets and procedures. Fix any problem with pre-given or real time collaborative instruction sessions. Fewer personnel exposed to risk and reduced room for error.
Using the available networks, either 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi, the technician is able to connect to an onshore expert easily and securely. The information is available in any browser or any video conference system at any time.
- Network: 3G, 4G or Wi-Fi
- Mobile Devices: Impact X, Orbit X or Gravity X
- Collaboration X suite
- Existing onshore IT infrastructure (LAN, computers and VC systems)
- 10 video enabled devices from BARTEC PIXAVI
- 12 routine inspections per year, each with 3 days duration
- 2 engineer per inspection
- 0 helicopter and 0 PSV trips (scheduled inspection)
- Investment: 27 400 USD upfront
- + 12 775 USD running costs per year
- Documentation costs also saved
- Basis for ROI calculations below found here
|Man Hours||865 000 USD|
|Total||864 000 USD|
|Annual cost reduction||851 000 USD|
- Electronic and error proof checklist and work order execution
- Recording of routine inspections in an online training library improves training and documentation
- Reduction of specialists personnel on site due to remote availability and performance (e.g. overnight stays of specialists)
- Flawless, paperless & digital documentation of circumstances and process, enabling KPI tracking and also legal compliance towards management and supplier SLAs